Monday, August 20, 2012

Pop/Metal Mashups Vol.4- Another Bad Touch


Title: Pop/Metal Mashups Vol.4- Another Bad Touch
Size: 138mb
Description: Metal renditions of your most hated pop songs, ripped from Youtube.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?i9eoxb6tljpjnbg

This is where it gets goooood!
This one is pretty friggin' awesome, and it marks the point where I started to find more obscure user creators with better quality and technicality. Unfortunately, I was unable to re-find some of the videos on youtube, so I was unable to give credit where it was due. Maybe you'll have better luck, if you know the names of the unnamed songs.

Review
This one, in my opinion, is even better than volume 1. It's pretty varied as far as metal influences go, and there's even an 80s style Lady Gaga one (reminiscent of Iron Maiden). Some very talented guys featured on this one, like MwmurrayM (actually, all 3 Kesha songs are phenomenal). I hate Kesha, so that's saying a lot. Another song I hate is The Bad Touch, by Bloodhound Gang, but it's actually quite listenable here thanks to sindremyskja.

This also marks my initiation in kpop, with the metalcore rendition of Gee (consequently beginning my love affair with SNSD and all things Jessica Jung related... seriously, HOT). The track isn't the greatest thing ever produced itself, but it's pretty hilarious, and opened my world to some kpop metal renditions that are actually amazing. Not to spoil things for ya, but later volumes of pop/metal mashups are kpop-oriented, and so much better than these western pop ones, I can't even begin to explain.

Anyhow, if you're into more technical instrumentals, like me, this volume is much better than previous ones. Karl0939 has some beautiful work in some of these tunes, like Hotel California. The sound qualities varies from track to track, as always, but I think a lot of it has to do with volume levels, moreso than clarity.

This one comes highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment